This month we did a little bit more advertising to build on the flyering that we already do 2 or 3 times a week.
First, we printed 2000 copies of A4 sized flyers (on Sakura colour paper!!) and put them in the Mainichi Shinbun. Second, we posted our school information in Shiga Living (a weekly newspaper in Shiga prefecture). We learnt that flyering at your station is great for human contact and being visible in your community. However, we also realized that it is important to introduce ourselves to a greater range of people through other types of advertising. Therefore, we have been trying a variety of different techniques:
1. increased signage around our school
2. getting flyers into as many different businesses as possible
3. flyering at different exits
4. flyering at different stations
5. news paper adverts
6. changing flyer styles and colours
7. and ….. always wear Smith’s clothes!!
We feel it is important not to be static in our advertising. Different people respond to different things, so be creative and good luck!
From SSE Ohtsu, in Tropical Shiga Prefecture,
Edward & Chiharu