Each of us has a long list of accomplishments. At times we forget them though. In times of doubt and suffering we tend to focus on what we have failed to achieve. I thought I’d take time today to remind all my students what they have achieved and to be grateful for everything we have. Below is a list of just some of the things the students at Smith’s School of English Hirakata have done in the past year.
– passed entrance examinations (Ritsumeikan University, Teikyou University, Osaka City University)
– passed Eiken 1.0, 1.5 and 2.0
– published a book
– improved Toeic scores
– read books in English (Rich Woman, Starbucks, Master of the Game, Animal Farm, Harry Potter)
– watched TV shows in English
– written clear and detailed diary entries
– built up confidence in not only asking questions but also telling stories
– passed the interview for an internship to work at JFK International airport
I am honored to be a part of each of my student’s lives and can’t wait to see what they’ll achieve this year. Thank you to everyone for being such great students.