Change. It happens day by day, hour by hour. I sometimes wonder just what the world will be like when my son grows up and how he’ll be able to compete in the world of tomorrow. It’s hard to keep up with all the technological advances being made and to keep ourselves relevant but I believe that there are some tools that will serve anyone well for many years to come.
1. Computer skills (word and excel are the bare minimum)
2. Language skills (English first and a distant second, Chinese. As well as the language of the country you choose to reside in)
3. Financial skills (To prepare for both the good times and the bad)
4. NLP skills (mastering our own mind is the ultimate challenge)
5. Physical skills (health allows us to contribute more and live longer)
I have been constantly working on items 1-4 for the past few years but I have put off #5 as I chose to focus on the business side of Smith’s Hirakata. However from July I believe I will be able to organize myself some time to start up rock climbing again. If anyone wants to join me let me know…a little company’s always good.