Having lived here for going on 15 years now people often ask me what I like about Japan. So I go through my list, in no particular order.
1. The people – I have always felt welcome here.
2. The Internet – high speed internet gives me access to nearly everything from home. Videos, shopping, email, phone, etc.
3. Technology – One trip to Yodobashi-Camera will blow your mind.
4. Baths – With the push of a button the water fills up and warms to a set temperature (now that’s pretty awesome)
5. Trains – Talk about being able to set your schedule. On time and very convenient.
6. Food – WOW…I mean, food never tasted so good.
7. Health insurance – well organized and easy to deal with.
8. Kyoto – What a beautiful city with so many sights to see.
9. Safety – Something any parent can appreciate.
10. Job – Teaching English at Smith’s 英会話 Hirakata is so much fun and allows me the opportunity to meet such wonderful people.
So there you have it. 10 simple reasons why I have chosen to make Japan my home. I’m sure there are more but those are the ones that I can think of off the top of my head. What are yours?